Wednesday, July 4, 2007

long-weekend additions

My sister flew out from Vancouver this weekend and we spent four really fun days together exploring Ottawa and Montreal and partying like it was Canada's 140th birthday (um...cause it was)...

Included in our exploring was scouring decorating shops (of course - get us together and we could do it all day, every day) where we picked up a few fun pieces for our apartments...

I got this jewellry branch stand from Urban Outfitters as well as this square glass decorative tray (below) which will likely hold jewellry that won't hang from the branch stand. I'll post photos once my apartment is cleaned up from the weekend with the new pieces in their places. And let me just say that my visits to Urban Outfitters are an absolute drool-fest. *Sigh* I wish they had a store in Ottawa, but maybe it's better that they don't. I wouldn't be able to pull myself away. It was with great self-control that I limited myself to these two affordable pieces and didn't pull out my credit card for a couch and lots of large silky cushions. And candles. And lamps. And you get the picture...

My sister was equally successful and got even cooler pieces. From Urban Outfitters in Montreal she picked up an AWESOME lamp base that is a creamy-coloured cluster of sparrows (and I can't find it on their website - too bad - it's really lovely). She also picked up a fantastic 'cuckoo' clock from ZONE in Ottawa (which I also can't find on their website!). That's really too bad as it is uber cool. I'll get her to take some photos of her finds. And speaking of my sis, that's her lounging at Urban Outfitters in Montreal in the photo at the top of this blog. It was an excellent weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails