Sunday, October 7, 2007

dining room inspiration

I found this great image on coco+kelley's blog this morning and had to document it to go back to later for decorating ideas. I really like the look of this room: the plum walls, the curtains, the stools around the table, the lamp, the raw wood floor. It looks really inviting to me - chic and laid-back at the same time, with an emphasis on a sense of the organic (at least I think so) - the flooring as well as the woven(?) stools...

I also really like the look produced by leaving the walls beneath the windows white instead of painting everything but the window frames plum. It lengthens the look of the windows - at first glance it looks like the windows could be floor-to-ceiling in length - and it really brightens up the room.

The plum paint does seem to stop short of the ceiling in an 'unfinished' look. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or if the room really was unfinished when this shot was taken, but regardless, this 'look' is going in my database of design ideas to potentially attempt to recreate at some point...

1 comment:

cassandra said...

oh yay! thanks for featuring the room and me on your blog. i'm adding you to my favorites right now! i believe this shot was from a magazine or ad featuring organic textiles - which is what the stools are covered in. which explains the unfinished walls... it's probably not a real room! but still just as inspiring!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails