Thursday, August 25, 2011

DIY with wooden pallets

I've always been attracted to recycled items in gardens and homes and wooden pallets have long held obvious 'potential' for useful and creative things. I'm also always daydreaming up future build-your-own cabin ideas and pallets seem like a good material to keep in mind for...well, anything really. So I've been keeping my eyes out for pallet ideas that I might personally use and thought I'd share some of them here.

Images hyperlinked when I have that information, but found a lot of these through Pinterest without references to where they came from.

A pallet staircase. (Okay, I think this takes up a ton of room so I'd only really use in indoors if I had the space, but I think it has definitely potential for outdoor garden/ cabin use as stairs).

A pallet garden. Love it - especially for small spaces like this balcony!

A rustic shelving unit.

A pallet dining table.

Pallet shelves. LOVE these.

Pallet dish holders. Not sure if I'd actually do this as it seems like a space-heavy way to store dishes, but I do think it looks pretty.

More garden-friendly ideas.

Now to keep an eye out on craigslist for free pallets! I could definitely get started on the garden ideas - the crew at the farm would love them.

1 comment:

Murf said...

I need more staircase pics.I am building a grain bin house! I want to use skids on the radius curved inside structure.. I think it would look awsume if they are aligned/curved perfectly, awsume! My wife thinks no way it would look ugly! I want to show her an example. So far this is the only pic I'v seen except for that not so good looking office in Germany(i think it said). Any thought out there?
Murf!

Related Posts with Thumbnails